Led cross-organization engineering architecture and development efforts for an eCommerce solutions agency with $5M in annual revenue. Responsible for overseeing multiple teams totaling over 40 developers.
Cross-discipline technology development, software engineering, product, and business consulting, supporting clients objectives including strategic technology evaluation, application architecture and development, go-to-market and product operationalization.
Builds and launches multiple high profile and innovative products and services, positively impacting business growth.
Full stack software engineer with 15+ years commercial experience in eCommerce and CMS websites, servers/cloud management and more. I’m results oriented, identifying opportunities to drive revenue optimization by realizing customer needs in new product creation.
I joined Varien (currently Magento, an Adobe Company) in early stage in 2007 driving results as they propelled into the #1 eCommerce platform in the world.
Today I am Head of Development for a eCommerce solutions agency responsible for over 40 developers on 2 continents. Managing client facing support and solutions architecture including new builds and on-going support and maintenance. Responsible for building and supporting development related tools and processes.
I’m a happy husband and father of two incredible children. Naturally curious interests include: music, photography, traveling, fishing and taking on new challenges.
What I’m looking for. Is this you?
- Company with a positive ethical stance
- Direct engineering hands-on involvement
- Mentor/manage a small to medium team
- Time and opportunity to learn and apply emerging technologies
- Good work/life balance. Work hard, but not 24/7
Searching for the opportunity to bring 15+ years experience with programming, technology engineering, and server architecture and maintenance to a Software Engineer position incorporating critical thinking, problem solving, and leadership.
- PHP – advanced procedural and object orientated programming.
- Unit testing using PHP Unit
- MySQL – both usage and optimisation
- Bash and Python – used primarily for server automation scripts
- Proficient in using and building RESTful and SOAP API applications
- Advanced usage of various frameworks, including Magento 1.x/2.x (Commerce, Open Source and Commerce Cloud), Zend, Symfony, etc
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins, Bamboo and Travis
- Code management using GitHub, Bitbucket and integration with the API
- Payment portal integration, such as PayPal, Braintree, Cybersource, etc
- System integrations, including: Google, Salesforce, Marketo, Jira, Zuora, Zferral, VeriSign, PepperJam, Twitter, Facebook and other social media API’s
- Numerous ERP integrations, including: SAP®, Epicor, Infor, Netsuite, SYSPRO, Dynamics, Horizon and more
- HTML5 and (x)HTML to W3C standards
- CSS2 and CSS3 to W3C standards
- Usage of CSS preprocessors, such as Less, Sass (with Compass)
- Usage of graphics libraries such as Scriptaculous, jQuery, etc.
- Usage and expansion of CMS frameworks, such as WordPress, Drupal, and ExpressionEngine
- Strong knowledge of Adobe PS, AI, colors and image formats
- Building complicated applications and extending frameworks
- Version Control using Git and SVN
- Advanced experience with SEO and advertising
- Proficient at Linux server administration and setting up a secure infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Full Atlassian stack, including applications server setup and maitenance
- Project Management and Delivery
- Agile development and Certified SCRUM Master
- Business and Process Development
- Comfortable working in different computer environments including:
- Linux (Ubuntu, Gentoo)
- MacOS X
- Other flavours of *nix
Binary Anvil (Head of Development)
Binary Anvil (Sr. Solution Architect)
- Transformed and scaled up company’s software development capabilities for complex, concurrent efforts; introduced Scrum as software project management process, adopted across engineering and product teams.
- Drove company-wide cost efficiency initiatives; reduced annual cloud infrastructure expenses.
- Working with highly complicated projects and integrations.
- Architecture for custom solutions based on the business needs.
- Managing and mentoring 40+ developers on 2 continents.
- Re-build from scratch company internal infrastructure.
- Develop and implement CI/CD tools and reach near to zero downtime deployments.
- Working with clients starting from gathering requirements and during whole project cycle.
- Implemented automatic code monitoring tools.
- Introduced team to unified and streamlined processes.
- Working with different Magento stacks (Magento Cloud, On-Premise solutions).
- Implemented internal knowledge base.
- Build internal library of re-usable and maximum abstract extensions.
- Constantly working with all departments in the company to help whenever needed.
Magento, an eBay company (Software Engineer)
Third party system integrations to/from Magento, Magento modules development, working on rebuilding corporate site, Magento Go onboarding process, new features development and implementation, legacy code support/refactoring for hi-load web projects.
Working with abroad teammates, interviewing candidates, helping and mentoring new team members.
Magento (Front-End Developer, PHP Developer)
Continue improving corporate site, build Magento translations module, taking part of Magento Connect v1.
Varien (Front-End Developer)
Working on a clients projects, integration services. Develop and servicing corporate site, blog, some frontend features for Magento software.
Chrysalis (Developer, Designer)
Design and develop interactive applications, including vehicle sale catalog, Australian taxes application (similar to TurboTax), visa issue application.
National Technical University “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”
Specialist, System Programming
|Listening||Reading||Spoken interaction||Spoken production|
|C1 Proficient||C1 Proficient||C1 Proficient||C1 Proficient||C1 Proficient|